Invented, patented, and manufactured by our founder, Chuck Popenoe, more than 40 years ago, SmartBolts® are the original direct tension indicating fastener guaranteed to transform your operation by improving safety, minimizing unplanned maintenance, reducing operational costs and improving overall productivity.
SMARTBOLTS BRING A PROVEN TRACK RECORD FOR PERFORMANCE TO THE TABLE ACROSS A VARIETY OF INDUSTRIES THANKS TO A VARIETY OF UNIQUE FEATURES AND BENEFITS.
- MINIMIZE UNPLANNED MAINTENANCE
- REDUCE OPERATIONAL COSTS
- IMPROVE OVERALL PRODUCTIVITY
- TENSION MEASUREMENT SmartBolts measure tension to accurately evaluate the clamp force in a bolted joint.
- VISUAL INSPECTION A visual indicator ensures operators immediately understand the status of a bolted joint, no tools required.
- REAL-TIME FEEDBACK The visual indicator measures bolt tension all day, every day.
- UNLIMITED USE AND REUSABLE SmartBolts are completely reusable, have no cycle limits, and work forever - no batteries required.
Fits Your Process
- FITS ANY FASTENER SmartBolts are available in any bolt, socket, stud, or custom fastener within our designated size range.
- CUSTOMIZABLE The SmartBolt indicator can be customized to meet the requirements of your specific application.
- FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH STANDARD TOOLS SmartBolts are designed to be used with the tools and equipment you're already using.
Built to Last
- NO MOVING PARTS The internal mechanism of a SmartBolt has no moving parts, optimized for use in rugged environments.
- DUST & WATER RESISTANT SmartBolts perform well in outdoor, wet, and dry environments and are resistant to washdown and weather.
- TRACEABILITY SmartBolts with a Data Shield™ have important specifications listed directly on the fastener.
- 20+ YEAR SERVICE LIFE With no moving parts and no batteries, SmartBolts are designed to work forever.
SmartBolts’ innovation, versatility, compatibility, durability, reliability, and consistency combine to make your project safer. Engineered to give high-visibility indication and verify clamp load in real-time without special tools, SmartBolts are safer and more efficient than regular bolts. This helps keep your project on time, on schedule and on budget.
The ability to see at a glance that the bolt is tight reduces unplanned maintenance and improves overall performance and productivity. You will be able to visually verify that your critical bolts are doing their job, and service only the bolts that show they need re-tightening. This type of “condition-based” maintenance (maintenance only when necessary) is less expensive, increasing profit margins in a way that does not compromise safety.